SCOPE: Electrical Infrastructure
This significant project was for a new purpose build, high specification technical facility for BAE. EPS was awarded the Electrical services infrastructure works as part of a team of specialist sub-contractors working for Paragon (part of the Interserve Group).
The future proofing of the installation was a key requirement throughout this project. This was ensured by combining BIM modelling for the containment system with the assessment and selection of alternative suppliers for high specification electrical items. Attention was paid in particular to the performance and reliability of the installation, this included:
• Extension of the main 3000 amp Switchpanel
• Transformers and modular static converters to provide variations to voltage distribution
• Bespoke designed PDU’s and distribution boards
• Energy efficient lighting
• A complex fire protection system
EPS will continue to work with BAE on future projects, a reflection of the recognition of the exceptional project management and a consistent high level of workmanship achieved throughout this project.